Monday, August 8, 2011

A Lonely Update

Sorry it's been so long since our last update. We have tons of photos that we want to share, but blogspot doesn't like uploading our photos. We've tried several times, but it always takes too long to upload multiple photos.
Lianne and Calvyn are in Virginia this week helping Lianne's sister, so it's just me and the dogs at home. It's pretty lonely here without the two of them. I didn't think I'd miss them this much, but I guess having a kid really does change everything. This morning I went into Calvyn's room before I left for work (I normally do this every morning to say goodbye). I knew she wasn't in there, but it's very comforting being in her room, and it kind of has her baby scent. It's going to be a long week without them here.
In other news, here's what's been happening lately:
-Calvyn is now sleeping through the night
-Lianne is now sleeping through the night
-I learned how to do this:
-Lianne's friend Dave came to visit
-We went to the NickelArcade
-Dave got schooled by a 12 year old in air hockey
-I got schooled by Dave in air hockey
-We got tons of tickets
-We all got eye patches (among other prizes) and took a picture
-Lianne turned 25
-We went bowling with her family
-Lianne got a birthday cake made entirely of Dippin' Dots (except the crust, which was made from the same stuff they put on strawberry shortcake ice cream bars)
-Said cake was extremely difficult to cut with a butter knife
-The Dippin' Dots cake was supposed to serve 14-16 people.
-It served 6.
-I ate 4 pieces.
-If you ever have the chance to get a Dippin' Dots cake, I highly recommend it.
-Calvyn turn 2 months old and had her 2 month doctors appointment
-Calvyn is now 10lbs 3 oz. Fun fact: that happens to be the exact amount I gained after eating the Dippin' Dots cake.
-She got several shots at her doctors appointment
-Calvyn cried

4 comments:

  1. haha. You owned that cake, Derek. Way to be. Poor little girl getting shots. :(

    p.s. Calvyn doesn't know how to cry. Evie is teaching her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. You're so funny Derek!
    10 lbs. Thats funny. My kid weighed 10 lbs when he was a week old....or close to it anyways! Little Miss Calvyn is so adorable! I l,ove how little she is!
    You should upload more pics to facebook or picasa and link it or something. More pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for finally sharing, it is so fun seeing Calvyn grow. If it takes having Lianne leave for a few days to get these updates, I might just have to come up with some reason for her to come here and help us, You did a great job on this blog, love the look alike pictures.

    ReplyDelete